To Detox or Not to Detox!
The NoXcuses Show is back with Catalyst Dietician and triathlete David Bryant.
David cooked and served up a healthy, balanced meal of potato salad, coleslaw and barbequed barramundi and vegetables while I peppered him (see what I did there) with questions about his start in triathlon, his passion for food and healthy living, and yes… if detox actually works!
Learn how David prepares healthy versions of these staple food, and get answers to your common health and diet questions.
It’s The NoXcuses Show like you have never seen before… and yes we get to eat in the end.
- In a large Tupperware with the pre-sliced cabbage and grated carrot add:
- 3 parts natural yoghurt, 1 part mustard, 1 part vinegar, 1 part olive oil.
- Shake shake shake to evenly disperse the dressing.
- Pat dry the large fillet and divide into 150-200g portions.
- Lace the barra, skin side down, onto a hot bbq/fry pan with olive oil.
- Cook for 5mins and use a scraper to carefully flip the barra to ensure a perfectly crispy skin.
- Cook for another 5mins and let rest. Serve with lemon and sea salt.
- Using a large mortar and pestle, place parsley, mint and basil into the mortar.
- Add salt and crush with the pestle. Once the herbs start to break up, add lemon and olive oil to create a paste.
- Use this paste to coat the sliced zucchini, eggplant and capsicum.
- Cook on the BBQ grill for 5mins each side
- Pre-steam potatoes and allow to cool and then quarter.
- Chop up the desired herbs and spring onions.
- For the dressing, add 3 parts olive oil, 1 part mustard, 1 part vinegar and fold through the salad.
- Finish with a touch of sea salt.